Jesus answered and said to her, “Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.” – John 4:13-14
* * * * * * *
You know, those pesky hiccups can show up without warning, and at the most inopportune times. And when they do, forget even trying to have a conversation! Can you say, “embarrassing”?
HICCUPS STOPPING HACK (This works!) –
For all those people like me for whom, nothing, and I mean, NOTHING, works when you get hiccups…
So, I found a way to stop hiccups instantly. So far, I have tried it twice, and it works. One of the neat things about the fact that I know God guides my life and my steps is the joy I feel when He guides me even in the smallest things. It’s knowing that He is never “too busy” to be bothered by our concerns. Proverbs 3:5-6 says, “Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.”
In ALL your ways…did you get that?. and “he SHALL“, not might…
So here you go…(No guarantees here, but just had to share this): If you have a water bottle sitting nearby, and those pesky hiccups start up, here’s what you do:
1. Pick a number (I did 3)…
2. Take 3 (or whatever no. you chose) sips, then STOP…
3. Wait and count 5 or 6 seconds, THEN…
4. Take 3 more sips.
5. Repeat this like 2 or 3 times.
I have done this twice, as I have had a couple of mornings recently that I actually woke up with hiccups, and both times, it worked, they just stopped instantly, within 2 or 3 repeats of the above steps. Evidently, in processing the sipping, stopping, and counting rhythm, your brain “forgets” to send the signal to keep the hiccups going, and it stops them instantly! Again, no guarantees, and if they keep up, or if you have other issues, you should still follow up with a doctor, but I just thought this was too good not to share. I will be curious to see if it actually works for anyone else. 🙂
…You’re welcome 😀
Life’s Little (Or Sometimes Not So Little) “Hiccups”…
Just the same, life can be full of “hiccups”, and just like the physical ones, those “bumps in the road” of life can have a way of uprooting everything. Kind of like that hurricane we just had move through our area, Hurricane Florence. Oh, and if you ever visit North Carolina and you ask one of us older folks about Hurricane Fran, make sure you aren’t in a hurry to get anywhere.
Below are links to some of my recent posts that you or someone you know might find helpful. Think of it as that “drink of water” for whatever “hiccups” you may have encountered on life’s road. Click on each link to open the post in a new tab, then look for the buttons below the post to share them with your friends, or like, tweet, or whatever you do!
- WANT TO KNOW ABOUT A LOVE STRONGER THAN ANY STORM? – Click here for my recent post about how God reminded my husband and me that even in the midst of the worst storms, when we’d lost our electricity, and even the use of our phones, and even if we were to lose everything, NOTHING can separate us from His love for us!
- NEED PEACE AND BALANCE IN YOUR LIFE? – For more on finding peace (besides getting rid of a relentless case of hiccups) you might also want to check out my last post on 5 Steps to Finding Peace: Balancing Out the Equation of Your Life.
- BEEN THROUGH A TRAUMATIC EVENT? FELT LIKE GIVING UP? – Don’t miss my book coming soon, if you or someone you know has been through a traumatic event, or just plain felt like giving up. If you’d like to be among the first to know when it comes out, hit the subscribe tab, above. Could your story help someone? You might also find this post helpful. Here is another insightful post, a study on the Book of Job.
- ARE YOU OR SOMEONE YOU LOVE DEPRESSED DURING THE HOLIDAYS? – The time of celebrating our blessings at Thanksgiving and the joys of our Savior’s birth at Christmas should be a joyful time. But more and more people are finding this time of year depressing, unable to feel the peace and joy of the season. Are we looking for them as Christ wants us to? Do you know someone who needs the message of His love for them? This post may be the “drink of water” they need.
- THE FRAGRANCE OF CHRIST – Are we releasing the “fragrance of Christ” everywhere we go? Click here to read and share this powerful devotional reading God gave me on this important but all too often overlooked truth.
So How Do You Stop Life’s “Hiccups”?
With the “Water of Life”, of course.
I’m not talking about water you drink. This kind of water is found only in God’s Word, The Holy Bible He gave us, and we can only come to Him through Jesus Christ, His Son, Who died for our sins, and took our punishment so we could have eternal life with Him. John 14:6 says, “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”
My friend, Jesus has provided that water for you, but He will not force you to “drink” it. But I can truly testify to you that if you are willing to receive it, you will never “thirst” again for the things of this world.
No, we cannot stop life’s “hiccups” from coming. We will face those bumps in the road, those storms that often derail us and leave us wanting to give up. But we can face them knowing we do not face them alone, because He has already gone before us to prepare the way, and if He lives within you, as He does me, then you know you are already a fountain of that water, springing up into the everlasting life He has promised to all who will believe. Come get your drink now. Jesus is waiting for you with open arms.
Do you know someone who has suffered from life’s “hiccups”, who could use a “drink of water”? Know someone who would benefit from this information? Please share via the buttons below to share this post, or visit the individual links above to share those posts.
What if YOUR story could change someone’s life? – Well, start writing already! That book isn’t going to write itself! You can do it, because Philippians 4:13 says you can!
Thanks for stopping by! Subscribe so you don’t miss future posts or book releases!